Re: About ERROR: could not convert UTF-8 character 0x00e9 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ets ROLLAND
Subject Re: About ERROR: could not convert UTF-8 character 0x00e9
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello !

I was out today ...
In order to translate from heterogeneous Databases, you must have to change
the client side encoding :
I've done between an SCO UNIX 3.2 v4.2 using PROGRESS V6 and a Windows 2003
server
using PostgreSQL 8.0.
If you are using PGadmin 3 use :
SET CLIENT_ENCODING TO 'xxx'  (see the encoding of you source DB).
If it is psql, you can create a script loading psql beginning with :
@REM psql.cmd : Chargement de PostgreSQL PSQL
@cmd.exe /c chcp 1252
@"C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.0\bin\psql.exe" -h localhost -p 5432
template1 postgres