normalization problem - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From pooja agarwal
Subject normalization problem
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Hello ,

I am doing Masters in Computer Application from Allahabad ( India ).
Your article on normalization is very informative.However, I have a
problem relating to this topic, whose table I am unable to
correctly make.

I am mailing you the problem.I hope you don't mind.
This database is used for searching of party or rules on the basis of either judge's name,judgement date,act as reference
or citation.

Type

Party

Act

Judge_name

Judgement_date

Citation

Direct tax

 IT Act

PK

1

4

Direct tax

WT Act

PK

2

5

Direct tax

WT Act

SK

1

4

Direct tax

 IT   Act

KIP

3

6

Company law

MRTP Act

PK

1

7

Company law

Labour  Act

YK

1

7

Company law

Labour law

KIP

3

8

Citation

Publication

Year

Volume

Page

  4

AIR

1999

1

34

  4

CTR

1999

2

65

  5

AIR

1999

1

65

  5

CTR

1999

3

30

  6

AIR

2000

2

100

  6

CTR

2000

5

34

7

AIR

1999

4

70

Judgement_date

Year

Month

Date

1

1999

Jan

26

2

1999

March

30

3

2000

July

26

Act

Section

Rule

IT Act

   1

R1

IT Act

   2

R2

WT Act

   1

R3

As you can see, these tables are related to each other on the basis of some common

field and the attributes have in most cases either one to many or many to many relation.

Kindly, help me sovle this problem.

Hoping to receive your reply at the earliest,

thanking you,

pooja