Re: 7.1 beta 3 CHANGES FOR QNX - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Maurizio
Subject Re: 7.1 beta 3 CHANGES FOR QNX
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>> Well, my question still stands: why aren't the other four flex outputs
>> also broken?  They all use ECHO.

I don't know why, but probably you are right. I only know that if ECHO was
not redefined, when I compile with ecpg the output c file has all the
original lines on the same row (without an LF).

> In any case, I'd prefer to see this fixed by not including <termios.h>
> rather than hacking up the .l files.  Surely it doesn't need to be
> included everywhere, as src/include/port/qnx4.h is now causing to
> happen.  In fact, it looks to me like qnx4.h probably includes and
> defines a lot more than it needs to; would you experiment with stripping
> it down?

If You want I can experiment on qnx4.h. On Saturday I will post the risults.

> That strikes me as *horribly* dangerous.  There is too much code whose
> behavior might change in unpleasant ways if Size becomes a signed type.
> Please explain what problems you are seeing that make you think this is
> a good idea.

In 7.0.2 and 7.0.3 release I have errors about some parameters in TCP/IP
functions.
The compiler tells me that I have a long int where an int was expected. When
I changed Size in int I compiled successfuly PGSQL. In 7.1 I changed
immediatly the size type and all seems works.
After your message I modified again Size type in size_t and recompiled 7.1
release. I compiled successfuly this version the only warnings are about
elog lines in wich there are Size variables. The compiler tells me I have a
long int where an unsigned was expected  (only the format, there is a %u).
However PGSQL works right.

> Andreas, the QNX port is largely your work IIRC.  What do you think of
> these issues?  Have you tried 7.1beta on QNX?

I  also would like to know what Andreas Kardos think. When, some month ago,
I starded looking for POSTGRESQL and I had a lot of problems compiling 7.0.1
version (the major problem was what I have to do for the Size type?) I send
some e-mails to Dr. Kardos and he tells me that his version working fine.
After the first replay he didn't replay to me.
Also other QNX users has the same problems I had and send me e-mails to know
if I have compiled successfully PGSQl for QNX. Nobody has had a reply from
Dr. Kardos.

regards
Maurizio Cauci