Re: Problem with PITR recovery - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paesold
Subject Re: Problem with PITR recovery
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> OK, makes sense.  Could we give them a command to archive it before they
>> shut down?  That would make sense.
>
> Not if the idea is to be certain you got everything ... I think what we
> have to do is document a manual procedure for archiving the last XLOG
> file.

What Bruce would want is a way to "stop new transactions, archive and
shutdown", which would do this atomically. Then we could have another
shutdown switch for pg_ctl.

But yea, a documentation for a manual procedure would be ok, too, just not
as user friendly.

Best Regards,
Michael Paesold