Re: [SQL] Stored Procedures and other stuffs - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Stephen Boyle
Subject Re: [SQL] Stored Procedures and other stuffs
Date
List pgsql-sql
Ademir,

AFAIK stored procedures are not implemented but most of their functionality
can be implemented with either VIEWS or functions (written in plpgsql, tcl,
c ..).  I think I read that its currently on a TODO list.

Primary key referential integrity is supported but Foreign key is parsed but
not implemented yet (6.5).  Again this behavior can be emulated using
plpgsql / triggers.

If you're porting from Access 97 to Postgres you may like to have a look at
pgupt - Postgres Upsizing Tool - Its a work in progress but it will automate
most of the upsizing process including automatic creation of triggers and
functions for referential integrity as per MSAccess.

http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/boylesa/pgupt/pgupt.shtml

The ODBC link should be no problem.

Hope this helps

Steve Boyle