Re: SQL function parse error ? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Radu-Adrian Popescu
Subject Re: SQL function parse error ?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Since you can overload and define new operators, the parser must - at some
point in time - lookup the operator definition.
It seems to me (but this is just an ideea), that the rules should go like
this :
check >$ is a defined operator
if true,   it is applied to left side and 1, in my example.
if not,   check that $1 is a valid expression (which it is)   ...go on...
This should do the trick. And you would be able to write leftSide>$$1 and
would get the >$ operator applied to leftSide and $1.
And leftSide>&1 would apply the >& operator to 1, and my code would then
have a [very suble] bug.
Simply put, operator precedence over local identifiers/parameters, which i
belive is a de facto standard in most languages (no flames please !)
:)

Cheers,

=====
Radu-Adrian Popescu