Postgreqsl & Package - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Birahim FALL
Subject Postgreqsl & Package
Date
RE : Postgreqsl & Package  ("Bruno BAGUETTE" <pgsql-ml@baguette.net>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,
I was an oracle dev/admin and I'm quite new to postgresql.
Postgresql is great, but something bothers me.
It seems that there's no concept of PACKAGE in PL/pgSQL as in Oracle PL/SQL.
Is is definitely that? or did I missed something? or is it planned for a future version?

I've searched in the mailing lists archives, read many lines about schema / Package support in Postgresql,
but I'm still not able to concreately figure out if I can use packages.

In clear words, what I want to do is to group procedure and function in a way as
create package <package_name> as
    procedure p1 ......
    procedure p2 ....
    function f1 .....
    function f2 .....
end;

and the be able to do a
    select * from a_table where package_name.f1(a_column) > 10;

Thanks for your answer.

Bir.