timestamp changed on 7.1.1 ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alex
Subject timestamp changed on 7.1.1 ?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello there!

I've just install PostgreSQL 7.1.1 and noticed that timestamp have changed
in this release.

for example:

CREATE TABLE "foo" ( test timestamp );
if you "\d foo" you will notice the column test is not a timestamp, it's a
"timestamp with time zone"

In all the docs I've read (7.2 and 7.1) it mentions 'timestamp' AND
'timestamp [ with time zone ]' as two different Data Types, and it used to
be like that in previous releases. But somehow, somwhere in 7.1.1 this is no
longer true, timestamp seems to be forced as timestamp with time zone.

anyway, how can I make a timestamp data type be outputted without the time
zone?
I just want the so common "YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS" format, not a "YYYY-MM-DD
HH:MM:SS-time-stamp_offset"

I expect to get this result *WITHOUT* rewritting existing queries.

Any opinions would be great.

Thanks in advance

Alex