Re: todo - I want the elog() thingy - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From
Subject Re: todo - I want the elog() thingy
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > * Allow elog() to return error codes, module name, file name, line
> >   number, not just messages [elog]

I bags this one. A nice relatively easy place for me to start hacken' the
Postges. Which source tree do I diff and patch against? Er, I have no idea
how to use these diff and patch things but I know that a manual exists.

How do I get the CVS source tree? Surely I don't have to download the whole
thing every day? I only have 1KB/sec of connectivity and it's extremely
expensive ($300/month).

Can I just download the files for elog() and do it that way, and I'll write
some driver function to unit test it, and send the patch when I'm done to
the patches list.

Any developers got some tips for me?

---
James