Fw: Priority against catalog - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Cristian Custodio
Subject Fw: Priority against catalog
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom,

I was doing  this way: set search_path = myschema;

without pg_catalog;

Thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks..... its very nice

Cristian

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
To: "Cristian Custodio" <crstian@terra.com.br>
Cc: <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 2:09 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: [GENERAL] Priority against catalog

"Cristian Custodio" <crstian@terra.com.br> writes:
> Thanks for your answer, but I already did this.
> Don't you would have another sugestion?

It works for me, what are you doing differently?

regression=# create schema myschema;
CREATE SCHEMA
regression=# create function myschema.version() returns text as '
regression'# select ''hello there''::text;' language sql;
CREATE FUNCTION
regression=# select version();
                             version
 PostgreSQL 7.4devel on hppa-hp-hpux10.20, compiled by GCC 2.95.3
(1 row)

regression=# set search_path = myschema, pg_catalog;
SET
regression=# select version();
   version
 hello there
(1 row)

regression=#

Try looking at "show search_path" and "select current_schemas(true)"
to see what's going on.