Re: [INTERFACES] hacked unixodbc driver.. - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From George Henry C. Daswani
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] hacked unixodbc driver..
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
It would be great to make diff files and give it to the postgresql
maintainers but at this
point, I really wouldn't want this driver to be used and entered into the
cvs without testing..
It works great for me, and let's me run the exact same php and perl dbd-odbc
code on
windows / linux / and solaris..  Steve Harvey is working on his excellent
unixODBC package
and I believe it's great, in the meantime it doesn't work too well with
solaris and when the time comes that it works - it would be nice that it
get's incorporated into the postgresql source tree..
At this time, the driver hack works okay for me, and doesn't stop me from
using postgresql with odbc - when the time comes that unixodbc works on
solaris, i'll be a happy camper.  In the meantime, I surely won't lodbc, and
dbd-odbc.  I'm pretty sure there's other people out there who would like the
same..  I'd rather not use dbd-pg or php-pg because I also use the exact
same code on an informix database using openlink odbc..et a broken
GetPrivateProfileString parser from the current postgresql snapshot stop me
from using php-

George Daswani..