Re: Version 7.1 when?? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gordan Bobic
Subject Re: Version 7.1 when??
Date
List pgsql-general
> * Gordan Bobic <gordan@freeuk.com> [010108 03:34] wrote:
> > And when will RPMs of the betas be available? The response keeps being
> > "next weekend" for about three or four weeks now...
>
> I'm pretty curious as to why you guys are so eager to have a release
> before the developers get a chance to do a proper QA cycle on it.

Because we need some of the newly implemented features (joins, limit and
order by in views, large record size, etc) in order to be able to sensibly
continue working on some of the systems we are implementing, perhaps? Seen
as the systems are still being implemented, 100% reliability and
depensability is not absolutely necessary yet, but some of the things that
can be done in 7.1 would require pointless temporary work-arounds that
would just be thrown away.

How's that for an answer?

Regards.

Gordon