Re: Newbie question - Which Linux? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Carlo Florendo
Subject Re: Newbie question - Which Linux?
Date
List pgsql-general
> Sorry for the newbie question. I'm going to install Linux primarily to run
> PostgeSQL. Is their any version/flavour of Linux that comes highly
> recommended for PostgreSQL? Or are they pretty much the same as far as
> PostgreSQL users are concerned?

I've personally used Trustix secure linux in some of our servers here.  Trustix is very compact and the distro is
mainlyused for
boxes that act as servers.  It has been optimized for security and and size, i.e. it doesn't have the X-windows and an
"everything"
install would include the basic compilers and everything you need to run a web, ftp, and database server--no more, no
less.

You could get more info from http://www.trustix.net.

Best Regards,

Carlo Florendo