Re: 7.1 beta 3 CHANGES FOR QNX - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Maurizio
Subject Re: 7.1 beta 3 CHANGES FOR QNX
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>> Well, my question still stands: why aren't the other four flex outputs
>> also broken?  They all use ECHO.

I don't know why, but probably you are right. I only know that if ECHO was
not redefined, when I compile with ecpg the output c file has all the
original lines on the same row (without an LF).

> In any case, I'd prefer to see this fixed by not including <termios.h>
> rather than hacking up the .l files.  Surely it doesn't need to be
> included everywhere, as src/include/port/qnx4.h is now causing to
> happen.  In fact, it looks to me like qnx4.h probably includes and
> defines a lot more than it needs to; would you experiment with stripping
> it down?

If You want I can experiment on qnx4.h. On Saturday I will post the risults.

> That strikes me as *horribly* dangerous.  There is too much code whose
> behavior might change in unpleasant ways if Size becomes a signed type.
> Please explain what problems you are seeing that make you think this is
> a good idea.

In 7.0.2 and 7.0.3 release I have errors about some parameters in TCP/IP
functions.
The compiler tells me that I have a long int where an int was expected. When
I changed Size in int I compiled successfuly PGSQL. In 7.1 I changed
immediatly the size type and all seems works.
After your message I modified again Size type in size_t and recompiled 7.1
release. I compiled successfuly this version the only warnings are about
elog lines in wich there are Size variables. The compiler tells me I have a
long int where an unsigned was expected  (only the format, there is a %u).
e.g. readfuncs.c at 2089 and 2113.
However PGSQL works right.

> Andreas, the QNX port is largely your work IIRC.  What do you think of
> these issues?  Have you tried 7.1beta on QNX?

I  also would like to know Andreas Kardos is still out there and what he
think. When, some month ago,
I starded looking for POSTGRESQL and I had a lot of problems compiling 7.0.1
version (the major problem was what I have to do for the Size type?) I send
some e-mails to Dr. Kardos and he tells me that his version working fine.
After the first replay he never didn't replay to me.
Also other QNX users has the same problems I had and send me e-mails to know
if I have compiled successfully PGSQL for QNX. Nobody has had a reply from
Dr. Kardos.

thanks

regards
Maurizio Cauci