Fw: Can't even specify template - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dan Wilson
Subject Fw: Can't even specify template
Date
List pgsql-general
I can't even get ./configure to work.

I just reformatted my Linux box and installed Redhat Linux 6.0.  I had 6.0
installed for a while but had installed another distribution (Mandrake) over
the top of it.  I downloaded pg 6.5 last night and installed it.  Everything
went fine.

So after I reformatted, I tried to install 6.5 again, and it won't detect
the host type (which it did last night).

I even tried to specify the template with --with-template=linux_i386, but I
get the same exact error message:
 ./configure --with-template=linux_i386
checking host system type... configure: error: can not guess host type; you
must specify one

I ran ./config.guess and that didn't output anything.

Does anyone know how to specify this in Linux to auto detect or how can I
get it to recognize the parameter?

I'm at a loss.

-Dan Wilson