Re: query help/sugestions - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From John Cavacas
Subject Re: query help/sugestions
Date
List pgsql-sql
> Have you run the query above under EXPLAIN to see what kind of
execution
> plan you're getting?
>
> > Is creating the view a good idea in terms of performance? This is a
> > general query, I would for example not include the main body of the
text
> > needed for the front page listing.
>
> The performance will be as good as your underlying query is. The VIEW
is
> just an "alias" if you will, and they are generally a good idea.

I just started using PostgreSQL recently, and as such I am not sure how
to properlly evaluate the results of EXPLAIN on that query. I started
looking at the documentation last night regarding EXPLAIN but I haven't
gotten my head around it. Any sugestions in that area?

Thanks again,
John