Re: How to search for a subString - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Darko Prenosil
Subject Re: How to search for a subString
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
You probably did not use correct syntax for LIKE, try with
SELECT * FROM movie WHERE name LIKE '%the%fast%';

In the future if You want help from this list, be more specific about the problem, send some example, error message or such, not just explanation: "It does not work !"

Regards !

----- Original Message -----
From: b t
Sent: Sunday, February 06, 2005 11:12 AM
Subject: [INTERFACES] How to search for a subString

Hi, I'm building a database for a school project and I want to search for the name of the movie,  fro example in the database there is a table called movie and has a movie call "The fast and the furious" so if the type in "the fast" then it should return that movie. I tried using like and ilike and it still would not work.
Thanks in advance
-BT

Do you Yahoo!?