R: I: Help with indexes/queries/msaccess - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Fabrizio Mazzoni
Subject R: I: Help with indexes/queries/msaccess
Date
List pgsql-general
Yes..all the fields i use in my query are indexed. And before executing the
query i vaccumed the db to be sure...anyway..as you said i must try the
other type of syntax..

Thanks anyway!

fabrizio@macrongolf.com
http://macrongolf.com
http://eteampoint.com
http://macron.com

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: wsheldah@lexmark.com [mailto:wsheldah@lexmark.com]
Inviato: venerdì 29 giugno 2001 16:50
A: Fabrizio Mazzoni
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Oggetto: Re: [GENERAL] I: Help with indexes/queries/msaccess

When you use the join syntax you did, you're explicitly telling postgres in
what
order to join the tables.  If you use the "classic" syntax as you described
it,
postgres will do its best to figure out the best join order.  It probably
couldn't hurt to try.

When you say you created all the necessary indices, do you mean that all the
fields used in the join criteria are indexed?