ERROR: function round(double precision, integer) does not exist - WTF? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Glen Parker
Subject ERROR: function round(double precision, integer) does not exist - WTF?
Date
List pgsql-general
 > I think in 7.2 such conversions were allowed silently, but we
> have reduced the number of implicit type coercions.

I'm sensing some brain damage going on here...

DB=# select round(100::int, 2);
 round
--------
 100.00
(1 row)

And...

DB=# create temp table test2(field1 float, field2 decimal);
CREATE TABLE DB=# insert into test2 values(1,1); INSERT
32200009 1 DB=# update test2 set field1=field2 field2=field1; UPDATE 1

So the coercions work fine most of the time.  I still say
it's broken :-)

Glen Parker