Re: Best ODBC cursor and lock types for fastest reading? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Robert John Shepherd
Subject Re: Best ODBC cursor and lock types for fastest reading?
Date
List pgsql-performance
> All of the types you list were designed around the MS SQL/MSDE server
> architecture, and many do not apply to PostgreSQL (for
> example, Postgres does not use read locks and does not support
> client-side keyset cursors as far as I know).

Thanks, this backs up my feelings from some of my limited experiments
with them.

I guess I need to keep trying to rewrite my queries to avoid nested
loops then, as this seems to be the main performance hit I get as all
use indexes properly.

Yours Unwhettedly,
Robert John Shepherd.

Editor