Win installed pgsql 8.0 beta2 dev3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From A. Mous
Subject Win installed pgsql 8.0 beta2 dev3
Date
List pgsql-general
Not sure if this is a win installer issue or Microsoft MDAC issue...

I've installed the win32 pg8.0 beta2 dev3 along with the accompanying ODBC
that is packaged with the installer.  Works great, love it, and all the
rest.  My application uses ADO 2.7 to interface with the ODBC driver.

My application frequently sends status e-mails to clients, reporting various
system metrics, one of which is the ODBC driver name.  When I call up the
driver name property, it returns PSQLODBC.DLL.  Apparently, the last few
characters require the installation of an Arabic language set to display
properly.  Therefore, anytime a user receives this mail they are prompted to
install the language pack.  Why are there Arabic characters at the end of
the driver name (as well as with the driver version?)

Note, if I install the ODBC driver separately, these characters do not show
up.  Therefore, this seems to be an issue specific to the Win installer, no?

Thanks in advance.