Re: how to rollback transactions in a function? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From PGMailList
Subject Re: how to rollback transactions in a function?
Date
List pgsql-novice
To rollback the transaction
either call

if NOT (YourFunctionThatReturnsBool) then
ROLLBACK;

or
raise exception ''you error here'';

PostgreSQL GUI

----- Original Message -----
From: V R
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 10:49 AM
Subject: [NOVICE] how to rollback transactions in a function?

Hi,
   I  have written a parent function, which inturn, calls 2-3 child functions  that either insert or update rows in  tables .The problem I face is when one of these child functions fail to update or  insert and return False.So in this scenario how do I rolback the transactions made by the earlier child functions ? Any feedback regarding this will be helpful.

Thanks
Radha