RE: trouble with trigger/function??? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From chris markiewicz
Subject RE: trouble with trigger/function???
Date
List pgsql-general
Excellent, thanks.  I really apperciate your help.  One FINAL question...

compiling...i get a compile error when i try to run my procedure.  i then
dumbed it down to use the example from the documentation...(note that i
changed the language to plpgsql.)

CREATE FUNCTION onefn() RETURNS int4 AS '
    BEGIN
    SELECT 1 AS RESULT;
END;'
LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

this gives me a compile error:

NOTICE: plpgsql: ERROR during compile of onefn near line 1
"RROR: parse error at or near "

I tried a handful of variations...including returning opaque...that gives me
a different error (typeidTypeRelid: Invalid type - oid = 0)

thanks
chris