Re: [HACKERS] make async slave to wait for lsn to be replayed - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ivan Kartyshov
Subject Re: [HACKERS] make async slave to wait for lsn to be replayed
Date
Re: [HACKERS] make async slave to wait for lsn to be replayed  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hello

On 07.03.2017 15:58, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
> I've read the discussion so far but I didn't see the reason why you've
> changed it to as a contrib module. Could you tell me about that?

I did it on the initiative of our customer, who preferred the
implementation in the form of contrib. Contrib realization of WAITLSN
adds to core the only hook.

On 07.03.2017 15:58, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
 > I guess this feature would be more useful if provided as a core
 > feature and we need to discuss about syntax as Thomas mentioned.

Here I attached rebased patch waitlsn_10dev_v3 (core feature)
I will leave the choice of implementation (core/contrib) to the
discretion of the community.

Will be glad to hear your suggestion about syntax, code and patch.

--
Ivan Kartyshov
The Russian Postgres Company