Can't get JBuilder 9 design mode to work - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Andrew Lazarus
Subject Can't get JBuilder 9 design mode to work
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Setup: Postgres 7.3.4, JDBC 7.3 driver (also tried earlier versions), Linux,
JBuilder 9. In the design mode, I can't get the designer to work on Database
objects or any Query Objects. I can set the connection by hand, but the Test
Connection fails. Too bad, 'cause I like having get/sets generated by the
wizard. I get a pretty generic error that org.postgresql.Driver can't be
loaded, either the driver is bad or the classpath. HOWEVER, THE PROJECT RUNS
PERFECTLY with DB class instances added by hand. I realize this may be a
JBuilder problem, but has anyone succeeded with this setup?

I can access the same DB without any problems over the network with Windows
JBuilder 9, the Windows Postgres ODBC driver, and the Sun JDBC/ODBC bridge.
Unfortunately, my Windows box is much inferior in MHz and RAM and isn't
really usable for development.

Thanks. Andrew Lazarus  drlaz@attglobal.net