Connecting to Postgres via ADO/Data Environment in VB6 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Jeremy Yager
Subject Connecting to Postgres via ADO/Data Environment in VB6
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi everyone

I am trying to use VB6/ADO with Data Environment to manage a very simple postgreSQL 8.0.3 database, after long experience with MS SQL Server and Jet databases.  Has anyone ever used the provided Data Environment system with a postgreSQL DB?

I can generate a successful connection test (through the 'Test Connection' dialog) but I cannot get any information back--I get an 'unspecified error' when I try to connect to the DB once out of the setup dialog.  (Kinda helpful, isn't it?)

I want this to happen linklessly, for portability.

The view I want to get to tests successfully in pgAdmin under the same account.

Here is the ADO connection string:
Provider=PostgreSQL.1;Password=[correctpw];User ID=postgres;Data Source=localhost;Location=TestDB;Extended Properties=""

Any ideas?  I figure it is probably something dumb, or DE just doesn't like non M$ RDB's.

--Jeremy