pg_dump: query to get data of sequence "blahblahthis" returned name "blahblahthat" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert John Shepherd
Subject pg_dump: query to get data of sequence "blahblahthis" returned name "blahblahthat"
Date
List pgsql-general
When trying to do a pg_dumpall I get:

dumping database "Reviewer"...
pg_dump: query to get data of sequence "intartistmemberindex_key"
returned name "tblartistsmembers_intartistmemb"
pg_dump failed on Reviewer, exiting

Having googled around a bit I've discovered this is because I have
renamed a few sequences. Since I had no choice but to do this (either
postgresql or pgadmin II has a 30 character limit for sequence names,
and the ones the migration wizard creates on importing are over 30 chars
and so get chopped off, leaving invalid sequences referenced in the
defaults of various fields, /me breaths out), is there any known fix to
work around this problem?

Don't like not being able to back up a database properly and regularly.
:)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Yours Unwhettedly,
Robert John Shepherd.