Re: Regex performance issue - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Alexandru Coseru
Subject Re: Regex performance issue
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hello..

I presumed CPU intensive  because:
    1) I have no hdd lights turn on during a series of queries (about 50 of
them)
    2) vmstat doesn't give me blocks in and just a couple of blocks out.
    3) top  reports between 95 and 100 user cpu    .    sometimes ,i can see
some  hi and si work  (max of 2%).

I'm pretty sure that the whole table is in cache..
The table size is about 50 Megs  , and I have 1 Gb of RAM..
I have no other RAM eating procesess.

Could it be related to  CPU <-> RAM speed ?

Regards
    Alex