Re: Help! Can't pg_dump anything: handler procedure for procedural language plpgsql not found - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mark Mikulec
Subject Re: Help! Can't pg_dump anything: handler procedure for procedural language plpgsql not found
Date
List pgsql-general
Ok,

I'm really getting the impression that something is fishy about my version
of Postgres.

So I created the language using createlang, (BTW - I'd create it with a user
that has the ability to create db's and users, not the super Postgres -
should I always do it with the superuser postgres?) - it ended up giving an
error of: ERROR: Zero-Length delimited identifier.

Tried pg_dump - still didn't work. So I took tom lane's suggestion, only I
used the droplang command and after that, it succeeded! Ok, so try to
restore, I dropped my test database, created it again, then called
pg_restore on my tar, and I got:

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  function
plpgsql_call_handler already exists with same argument types

Which doesn't makes to sense to me, because I dropped the language! I'm
connecting as a superuser I created, into a newly created database. How
could this be?

Thanks in advance,
    Mark