Re: JDBC and long TEXT fields - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Robert B. Easter
Subject Re: JDBC and long TEXT fields
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Here are the last two entries from the PostgreSQL 7.0.3
/src/interfaces/jdbc/CHANGELOG:

Tue Jun 06 12:00:00 BST 2000 petermount@it.maidstone.gov.uk       - Added org/postgresql/DriverClass.java to the list
offiles removed         by make clean (it's dynamically built)       - Fixed Statement, so that the update count is
validwhen an SQL         DELETE operation is done.       - While fixing the update count, made it easier to get the OID
of        the last insert as well. Example is in example/basic.java

Tue Jun 06 08:37:00 BST 2000 petermount@it.maidstone.gov.uk       - Removed a hardwired 8K limit on query strings
-Added some missing org.'s in Connection that prevented         the use of the geometric types.

This one above says it removed the 8k limit on query strings.  I can't
remember all the release dates of 7.0.2 etc, but maybe these changes above
only made it into 7.0.3, not 7.0.2.

The jar file is now just called postgresql.jar in 7.0.3.

Hope this info is helpful.

--
-------- Robert B. Easter  reaster@comptechnews.com ---------
- CompTechNews Message Board   http://www.comptechnews.com/ -