Re: Error on compile for Windows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bernard Grosperrin
Subject Re: Error on compile for Windows
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks Tom, took me a while to realize those files were missing. The build
script did not report the source of the error, but trying to compile just
those projects in VS showed the reason immediately. Took them of the source
documentation, put them back, and compiled without any error!

take care,
Bernard

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Envoyé : lundi 2 novembre 2009 4:40
À : Bernard Grosperrin
Cc : pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Objet : Re: [GENERAL] Error on compile for Windows

"Bernard Grosperrin" <bgrosperrin@laposte.net> writes:
> I have setup a build environment on Windows 7 32 bits, with Visual Studio
> 2005. Took me a while to get all the bits and parts working, but I finally
> went through it. Only problem, I get 2 LINK errors:
> fatal error LINK 1104: cannot open file
> '.\Release\utf8_and_shift_jis_2004\utf8_and_shift_jis_2004.obj'
> fatal error LINK 1104: cannot open file
> '.\Release\euc_jis_2004_and_shift_jis_2004\
> euc_jis_2004_and_shift_jis_2004.obj'

Hm, do you have a file

src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/euc_jis_2004_and_shift_jis_2004/euc_ji
s_2004_and_shift_jis_2004.c

and did anything get built from that?

We have seen reports of certain versions of "tar" failing to extract
this file from the source tarball, probably because its name is so
long.  That could have happened to you --- if so, the recommendation
is to find another tool to un-tar with.

            regards, tom lane