GROUPING - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Timothy J Hitchens
Subject GROUPING
Date
Re: GROUPING  (Joel Burton <joel@joelburton.com>)
Re: GROUPING  (Esteban Gutierrez Abarzua <esgutier@sauce.chillan.ubiobio.cl>)
List pgsql-sql
It's been a while since I used postgresql but today I have converted one
of my web apps but with one small problem.  I goto do a group as
designed and executed in mysql and I get told that this and this must be
part of the aggreate etc I am puzzled and wonder if someone could bring
me up to stratch with grouping in postgresql this is my current sql:

SELECT * FROM telemetry WHERE beat > 12 GROUP BY buid;

Result:

Attribute telemetry.rpvuid must be GROUPed or used in an aggregate
function

Oh then if I include rpvuid I get you must include this field and on it
goes.

Thanks...

Timothy J Hitchens
tim@hitcho.com.au