Re: MSSQL versus Postgres timing - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Joel Fradkin
Subject Re: MSSQL versus Postgres timing
Date
List pgsql-sql
I have added indexes for clientnum (and clientnum and unique identifier like
jobtitleid for jobtitle table) to see if it would help sorry about it not
matching. I gave you the definition outlined in PGadmin table window (I can
add the indexes if it will help).

It is still running slower even when I force an indexed scan.

I will look at the other ideas you mentioned as we have added indexes to
another view with the same results (slower then MSSQL)

I did not put in the ::text it did that in PGadmin the original text I ran
to create the view was.

CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW  viwassoclist as
select     a.clientnum, a.associateid, a.associatenum, a.lastname,
a.firstname, jt.value as jobtitle, l.name as location, l.locationid as
mainlocationid,                      l.divisionid, l.regionid, l.districtid, a.lastname ||
', ' || a.firstname as assocname, a.isactive, a.isdeleted
from         tblassociate a left outer join                     tbljobtitle jt on a.jobtitleid = jt.id and
jt.clientnum = a.clientnum   and 1= jt.presentationid inner join                     tbllocation l on a.locationid =
l.locationidand

l.clientnum = a.clientnum

;

Joel Fradkin
Wazagua, Inc.
2520 Trailmate Dr
Sarasota, Florida 34243
Tel.  941-753-7111 ext 305
jfradkin@wazagua.com
www.wazagua.com
Powered by Wazagua
Providing you with the latest Web-based technology & advanced tools.
C 2004. WAZAGUA, Inc. All rights reserved. WAZAGUA, IncThis email message is for the use of the intended recipient(s)
andmay

contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and delete and destroy
all copies of the original message, including attachments.