Re: [GENERAL] Newbie questions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From K.T.
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Newbie questions
Date
List pgsql-general
From: Scott Alexander <scott.alexander@mindspring.com>
To: pgsql-general@postgreSQL.org <pgsql-general@postgreSQL.org>
Date: Tuesday, June 08, 1999 5:57 PM
Subject: [GENERAL] Newbie questions

>Database design - CASE tools
>============================
>For people who *don't* use a CASE tool: what do you find to be the most
>efficient method of defining your database schema?

The lack of user friendly interfaces is one of the reasons why I choose not
to develop large (> 60 tables) databses in PostgreSQl...but when I do
develop I simply save the SQL stmts in a text file so I can reuse them to
recreate the database at any time.

>Additional SQL features
>referential integrity, and automatic two-phase commit. (Borland's
>Interbase 5.5 is a good example which incorporates all these features.)

Ugg Interbase :)  Lets not go there :)
PostgreSQL supports Triggers, Stored Procedures, Rollback, and autocommit.
Referential Integrity is not yet working.  I leave it to others to itemize
all the other nifty features :)