Re: PostgreSQL, ODBC, Access - Mailing list pgsql-general

From
Subject Re: PostgreSQL, ODBC, Access
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Jeffrey,

If you open a form that is bound to a table (or bound to a query that is
bound to a table) that is one database connection.  If you then script
database updates from the form
(e.g.:
Dim dbs As Database
Set dbs=CurrentDB
dbs.Execute("UPDATE tbl_blah SET szBlah = 'blah' WHERE nBlahID = 5")
)
then you are opening a second database connection.  This is seen by Access
as two users accessing the same record.  I don't know if this is your
problem, but it will cause your symptoms.

David Boerwinkle