shmget problem with Win NT services - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kenéz Attila
Subject shmget problem with Win NT services
Date
Re: shmget problem with Win NT services  (Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-general
Hi!

I installed a Postgres server under Cygwin on a Windows Small Business
server. I installed the db server to run as a service, but if I configure
the service to run normal, as LocalSystem, it gives the next error message:

    IpcMemoryCreate: shmget(key=5432001, size=1441792, 03600) failed: Not
enough core

    This error usually means that PostgreSQL's request for a shared
    memory segment exceeded available memory or swap space.
    To reduce the request size (currently 1441792 bytes), reduce
    PostgreSQL's shared_buffers parameter (currently 64) and/or
    its max_connections parameter (currently 32).

    The PostgreSQL Administrator's Guide contains more information about
    shared memory configuration.

If it runs as Administrator, it works fine. It also gives the same error
message if it runs as any other user (except Administrator). (I installed
the cygwin and the Postgres as Administrator if it counts, but I start the
ipc-daemon in the same process - so with the same user - as the Postgres
server.)

If somebody knows what is wrong, please write me!

Thanks:
    Attila Kenez