Numeric Type and VB/ODBC - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bret
Subject Numeric Type and VB/ODBC
Date
List pgsql-general
This may not be the right group, if so, just let me know.

I have a table with a type [numeric].

When executing queries, I get the data which happens to
be (6.5) in this case, but my VB6 function which traps
for nulls (below) returns a null.

If I change it to type [real]. No problems

Function IsNothing(varToTest As Variant) As Integer
'  Tests for a "logical" nothing based on data type
'  Empty and Null = Nothing
'  Number = 0 is Nothing
'  Zero length string is Nothing
'  Date/Time is never Nothing

    IsNothing = True

    Select Case VarType(varToTest)
        Case vbEmpty
            Exit Function
        Case vbNull
            Exit Function
        Case vbBoolean
            If varToTest Then IsNothing = False
        Case vbByte, vbInteger, vbLong, vbSingle, vbDouble, vbCurrency
            If varToTest <> 0 Then IsNothing = False
        Case vbDate
            IsNothing = False
        Case vbString
            If (Len(varToTest) <> 0 And varToTest <> " ") Then IsNothing =
False
    End Select

End Function

Bret Stern