Re: Making a tree with "millions and millions" of dynamic nodes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Arjen van der Meijden
Subject Re: Making a tree with "millions and millions" of dynamic nodes
Date
List pgsql-general
> Christian Fowler wrote:
>
> So it seems Materialized Path is my only option, however I am
> concerned about LIKE performance for the right hand side of
> the tree, where the path is 8digits x 6 levels = 48 chars.
> Should I be concerned? I need split-second real-time
> performance, and can't imagine it will be as fast the Nested
> Set arithmatic approach.

Perhaps the contrib/ltree-stuff is interesting if you're going to do
materialized paths.
It's an indexable tree-format for postgresql based on the materialized
paths (so it seems at least).

I haven't really tested it, but wanted to point it out to you.

Regards,

Arjen van der Meijden