RESTORING A DATABASE WITH DIFFERENT TIMEZONES - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rodrigo Sakai
Subject RESTORING A DATABASE WITH DIFFERENT TIMEZONES
Date
Re: RESTORING A DATABASE WITH DIFFERENT TIMEZONES  (Michael Glaesemann <grzm@seespotcode.net>)
List pgsql-general

Hi all,

I’m having some troubles with time zones! I have a database dump file that have the date fields stored as ‘2006-12-20 00:00:00-02’!

And I have to restore it in a database that has the time zone configured as ‘BRST’ (-3 from GMT). So, when it is restored the value becomes ‘2006-12-19 23:00:00-03’. Ok this is logic because the difference of time zones.

But I have to restore it and maintain the same value of datetime! How can I do it?????

Thanks in advance!