Re: Uninstalling PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From - Barry -
Subject Re: Uninstalling PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
> First, check that all your cygwin services are stopped, specifically
> the cygipc service. See your services control panel. However, you
> can't remove them there, you need to either hack the registry for
> that or the ipc-daemon2.exe with the proper commandline-options.

I disabled Cygwin IPC Daemon 2 and postmaster. There's no other service
beginning with "cyg". Now when I try deleting the cygwin directory, instead
of the "access is denied" for cygcygipc-2.dll, I get "Cannot delete share,
access is denied," and I still get the "Error applying attributes" pop-up
about C:\cygwin\tmp\cygipc2_2 when I try unclicking read-only.

Barry