Not able to install Windows Version Yet - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Mac
Subject Not able to install Windows Version Yet
Date
Re: Not able to install Windows Version Yet  (Jason Tishler <jason@tishler.net>)
List pgsql-cygwin
Hello

I am not able to use latest windows version .

Installer seems to have verious problems:

- It does not allow you to select a path!
- If your windows is on drive D it will install PostgreSQL on drive D but
all batch files have drive C: hardcoded in them!
- Service is not installed by default
- Database initialization (Creating Data directory etc) should be done by
installer (most of people do not know they should do it themselves)
- Even if you install postgres on your drive C: you are not able to run he
service (inside services MMC template).
- Trying to initialise database:

creating template1 database in /data/base/1... IpcSemaphoreCreate:
semget(key=1,
 num=17, 03600) failed: Function not implemented

- why we should chose a user for service? why installer does not chose it by
default (local system account for example)? If we should chose a user this
should normally be done in installer (also the same with database
initialization)

Overally my experience have been very painful in comparison to Oracle,
MS-SQL, MySQL and Linux version of PostgreSQL which drives me away from this
product.

In other side I have always been interested in developing my Windows
applictions over PostgreSQL database .

Anyway I will appereciate if someone can help me (forward me) to an article
etc which helps me to use windows version.

Also I will be happy to start a PostgreSQL forum on my site if you think it
can be useful. ( http://onlineprogrammer.org/forums )

Regards,
Mac
onlineprogrammer.org