Re: pg_restore problem - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Joel Fradkin
Subject Re: pg_restore problem
Date
List pgsql-sql

I used pgadmin to save and mine would not restore saying something about the encoding.

I will have to be able to save and restore reliably as well.

Also I never heard anything further on the query running slow (I put up table defs and analyze with and without seq on).

I am running into this on several of my views (I guess I am not too bright, because I still don’t get why it chooses seq scan on indexed tables).

I can force it to use index and did see a little improvement, but the MSSQL was 3 secs and Postgres was like 9.

Seeing as how I got the one viw to return faster (it was very complex view) on postgres, my guess is I still have stuff to do. I did try changing the cost to a lower number in config and redid my analyze, but it was still trying to do a seq scan.

Joel Fradkin

Wazagua, Inc.
2520 Trailmate Dr
Sarasota, Florida 34243
Tel.  941-753-7111 ext 305

jfradkin@wazagua.com
www.wazagua.com
Powered by Wazagua
Providing you with the latest Web-based technology & advanced tools.
© 2004. WAZAGUA, Inc. All rights reserved. WAZAGUA, Inc
 This email message is for the use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and delete and destroy all copies of the original message, including attachments.