How to set up a simple relational database - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From James Macken
Subject How to set up a simple relational database
Date
List pgsql-sql
Can someone demonstrate for me how to set up a simple relational database
using the psql interactive prompt and two tables.

For example: table 1 can be staff member and table 2 can be salary package
with a one-to-many relationship (there would be a foreign key in table Staff
Member which determined what salary package a staff member had.

Can someone show me the commands to create the two tables, establish the
relationship between them and query the two tables so that it lists the
staff member and his/her wages (using the relationship)?

It seems hard to find examples anywhere.

James