Crazy W2000 service behavior - Mailing list pgsql-hackers-win32

From Stasys Adiklis
Subject Crazy W2000 service behavior
Date
List pgsql-hackers-win32
Scrap my "Notes on W2000" letter folks. Cause the happy way to launch a
service (from Administrator account): runas /user:pgsql "pg_ctl start"
stopped working after a PC reboot. It threw me a nice message: "The
application failed to initialize properly (0x0000142)." and died.

After an hour or so i've tried again, and it worked OK... so i did a
reboot.. and it did not work again!

So, i guess, i'm confirming kranas' note on a random-style service
success/failure to startup.

Happy news is that postmaster never(?) refuses to startup (runas /user:pgsql
postmaster). And thanks to Gary's response i now can even stop it properly
(Ctrl+Break).

eom