psql and jdbc insert discrepencies - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Clyde Wright
Subject psql and jdbc insert discrepencies
Date
List pgsql-novice
I've newly installed Postgres 7.3.3 on Redhat 6.0 and have a Java class
that inserts rows into a table NAME with attributes ID (serial) and
VALUE (text).

After running the program once and inserting a name, I get no errors.  I
then SELECT * FROM NAME; via JDBC and it returns the 1 row that has been
inserted.  However, when I do a SELECT * FROM NAME; from psql in Linux,
0 rows are returned.  When I do an insert from psql, the auto-id is 2
(as it should be) but still, upon querying the database via psql, only
the second row inserted is returned.

What I am missing here?

Cheers,
Clyde