Re: WIN32 Non Blocking - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Darko Prenosil
Subject Re: WIN32 Non Blocking
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> I think we are in great shape now.  Thanks. The elog() problem was
> because they didn't define FRONTEND in the compile.
>
> --

I start to dig little bit further and tried to compile WIN32 with MULTIBYTE
support.
There are also a few simple problems.
In src/include/miscadmin.h there is declared external function GetUserName.

Under WIN32 there is already declared that function in winbase.h

Description from MSDN:

BOOL GetUserName(
  LPTSTR lpBuffer,  // address of name buffer
  LPDWORD nSize     // address of size of name buffer
);
The GetUserName function retrieves the user name of the current thread. This
is the name of the user currently logged onto the system.

Fortunately Compiler reports error because function arguments are not the
same.
These two functions are not the same at all !!!
I think that this header should not be imported in libpq at all, or should
be
imported only some parts, I'm not for shore yet.
Just to make it work I only disabled GetUserName using WIN32 compiler
constant.
Is there maybe some other compiler constant that means that we are compiling
client library, or should I use FRONTEND compiler constant ?

Compilation after this, and few corrections in win32.h and win32.mak passed
ok,
but now I have another problem. When I tried to test libpq.dll by setting
client encoding, I end up with this error message from server :

"Client Encoding LATIN1 is not supported !"

I think that my server is compiled without MULTIBYTE, because it also
reports error
when I try to CREATE DATABASE WITH ENCODING.
Should I be shamed to confess that I do not know how to re-compile under
Linux ?
So, I first must read the installation manuals or wait for our "Linux-Man"
that returns to work in Monday !

However I'll send you a note as soon as some testing is done !

Darko.Prenosil@finteh.hr