Re: Re: [GENERAL] libpq error codes - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Denis Perchine
Subject Re: Re: [GENERAL] libpq error codes
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Ooh, you mean it doesn't give you the rest of the data before reporting
> EPIPE?  That seems so broken it's hard to believe --- a whole lot of
> programs would be falling over, not just Postgres.  There's probably
> something else happening here, but I'm not real sure what.  Might be
> worth checking to see exactly what's in libpq's input buffer at the
> time it sees the EPIPE error.

How it is bad to say, but you are right... I've sent a mail to linux-kernel@...
Hopefully there will be a positive reply...

But... Here is the patch which works OK.
I get:

db=> select count(*) from pg_class;
NOTICE:  AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state
FATAL 1:  The system is shutting down
        before or while processing the request.

It's like you get.

--