Re: Access-postgreSQL migration (extra invalid foreign key added) - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Reshat Sabiq
Subject Re: Access-postgreSQL migration (extra invalid foreign key added)
Date
List pgadmin-support

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Page [mailto:dpage@vale-housing.co.uk]
Sent: Sunday, December 22, 2002 2:31 PM
To: Reshat Sabiq; pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: RE: [pgadmin-support] Access-postgreSQL migration (extra
invalid foreign key added)

-------
It's certainly possible. The Migration Wizard is a bit hit 'n' miss to
be honest as I wrote it without ever migrating a database except for the
odd test using Northwind/Biblio.

Is it possible to get a schema only copy of your mdb file to look at
please?
-------
Sure. How should I get that schema? I have the postgreSQL statements in
pgAdmin, but I don't know how to obtain the same from Access.

---------
We do sort of assume there are no \n's or \r's in your object names...
---------
That is correct; I do not have new lines in object names. In fact, I
shouldn't have any in that database. But I was thinking it might be
there behind the scenes. But it is strange that only 1 out of 10 foreign
keys get the invalid duplicate statement.

P.S. Thanks for the great tool. Things like that can get done with time.

Sincerely,
r.