Stitch Large Panorama - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alfred
Subject Stitch Large Panorama
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi, there,

First of all, happy holidays to every one! I wish all of you the best in the coming 2011.

I recently released a large panorama on Gigapan at http://www.gigapan.org/gigapans/66626/ . This panorama received many
seriousdebate about the true pixel count. Since I used Autopano, my argument was, when there is no standard way to
calculatethe total pixel count, we should not manipulate the software output, rather, everyone use the same baseline.
Theneveryone should also provide theoretical estimation of the optical pixel count. In this case, 112G pixels.

The questions here are:

1.    Is there a way to stitch super size panorama in PTGUI?  Can we emit raw files so that it is not subjected to
imageformat limit?
2.    Is there a way to import Autopano config file and process in PTGUI?
3.    Can PTGUI accurately report the optical pixel count for super size panorama?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Alfred