PostgreSQL 7.3 on Cygwin rejects all-numeric userid, pg_class_aclcheck - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Sam Harbison
Subject PostgreSQL 7.3 on Cygwin rejects all-numeric userid, pg_class_aclcheck
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
When I changed from 7.2.3 to 7.3 I noticed this behavior.

I did a clean install of the most recent cygwin and PostgreSQL on WinXP
Pro under user '249779', which is a member of Administrators. With
7.2.3, all was fine. With 7.3 (also a clean install), initdb worked fine
but creating a database with createdb or trying to connect (to
template1) with psql failed. I believe it was psql that complained [from
aclchk.c, I think]:

            pg_class_aclcheck: invalid user id 249779

After changing my userid to 'harbison' and reinstalling cygwin and 7.3
in the same fashion, there were no errors.

Samuel P. Harbison III, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Carlow College Pittsburgh, PA
sharbison@carlow.edu